Monday, February 27, 2012

Christian New Age Quarterly


Christian New Age Quarterly
One year $12.50
POB 276
Clifton, NJ 07015
www.christiannewage.com
Considering the current political climate as it pertains to Christianity, or at least the right wing headline-grabbing version of said religion, when a new issue of anything with the word ‘Christian’ shows up in my mailbox, I get nervous and kind of nauseous. Fortunately, I grew up in a very progressive church full of folk singing hippie thespians who constantly fought for civil rights, against racism, homophobia, and injustice, and who took the whole “love thy neighbor” tenet seriously. I like those Christians and self identify as one of their clan in spirit (replacing the folk with metal, and church going with hiking). The Christian New Age Quarterly appears to be of this ilk, and I like it. The article entitled, “Consciousness –Now or Forever? The Law of the Conservation of Consciousness” is a fascinating exploration of energy, dark matter, thermodynamics, and consciousness. The article was so good in fact, that I read it thrice. CNAQ seems to be full of good, diverse reading on matters pertaining to the spirit, even for agnostic slayer fanatics like myself.